By Lucy P. Mair
Read or Download African Marriage and Social Change (Cass Library of African Law) PDF
Best african history books
An account, first released in 1861, of the connection among indigenous and eu investors within the Niger Delta.
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Sign up for Leslie Dikeni in his interesting trip into the contested nation of the Kruger nationwide Park within the early years of the democratic transition. He speaks to cooks and wardens, cleaners and govt officers, ecologists and secretaries. As observe of his examine spreads, these whose voices have been silenced and whose lives were hid in compounds and resource-starved villages search him out, hoping that their studies will eventually be published.
Hasan al-Turabi (1932–2016) used to be obvious as probably the most influential figures in smooth Sudanese heritage and politics. This ebook, in line with broad study and an intensive research of al-Turabi's personal writings, offers a finished learn of the upbringing, principles and political profession of the Islamist highbrow and political chief.
- Writing Tangier in the Postcolonial Transition: Space and Power in Expatriate and North African Literature
- Historical Dictionary of Morocco (Historical Dictionaries of Africa)
- Igbo in the Atlantic World: African Origins and Diasporic Destinations
- Christians versus Muslims in Modern Egypt: The Century-Long Struggle for Coptic Equality
- Corridors of Power: The Politics of Environmental Aid to Madagascar (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- Gender and Power in Sierra Leone: Women Chiefs of the Last Two Centuries
Extra resources for African Marriage and Social Change (Cass Library of African Law)
African Marriage and Social Change (Cass Library of African Law) by Lucy P. Mair